Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ooh Fancy! A Prop 8 Wedding Cake

I am sure political food* is very common but this is my first foray.
See, because Prop 8 was overruled by a CA judge and gets to go to the Western circuit court. I feel like I'm over explaining but it is a tiny cake because this decision is worth celebrating but just a small part of the progression toward equality.
Process:
Bake cupcakes in the primary and secondary colors.
Slice cupcakes into rounds.
stack.
I used a bamboo skewer to hold it together while I swirled on frosting.
And for scale.
*off the top of my head there's: that guy who does portraits out of toast, food not bombs, that guy who makes portraits out of jellybeans, and people who do things with fasting.

1 comment:

Kai said...

That is an awesome cake! Great idea.

- Kai