Monday, January 21, 2013

Two Wool Necklaces


I made some necklaces last night to sell, and I got really attached to them, so I made one for myself. 
 This is one of Nick's two forays into drop spindling. I happily upgraded it a little bit with some soft colored stones. It's so dreamy and foggy.
 Part of my process when I'm making things for myself is leaving them room to grow. I like feeling that I can scratch a phone number into the side of my car with a key, glue horns or fins to my phone or camera, deconstruct clothes, and ruin umbrella after umbrella. I like that my stuff is a bit thrifted and shabby, so I don't have to be afraid of pouring resin through it. It's hard for me to switch from getting things finished enough for me to use them, to making things with an appropriate lifespan for strangers to buy. I made some gorgeous collars last night with that in the forefront of my mind.
 I cut apart a scarf I'd been knitting, ironed it into a nice shape, then used loads and loads of silver thread to give it some weight and structure.


No comments: