Sunday, January 27, 2013

Scanner


Scanners are amazing! I got to use my brother's CanoScan to document a couple of old projects, and then I had fun trying to "paint with light" with them, making little arrangements. The scanner works best with things pressed against the glass, and renders things with depth as shadowy and blurred. I tried to exploit that but I don't have the hang of it yet. I used to be really good with a photocopier, though. 
This might be the background for a greeting card.

I tried to take a picture of the process I used to make the scan above, but my camera was super dead so I flipped over my assemblage and scanned it. It's a sweater, scale, mouse balls, chain belt.  The scale and mouse balls are pressing the sweater down to prevent shadows, and the scale is also helping the chain stay in place instead of getting dragged around by the sweater.  

No comments: