Thursday, September 23, 2010

New bento supplies!

I love getting bento stuff in Japantown, but it is kind of a hassle to get there from the East Bay so I rarely go. I went yesterday though and stocked up.
this one has 2 levels and is pretty small.
I love this yellow.
these are to keep little bits of fruit and lunch meat in the fridge so I can cut them on mondays and use them throughout the week.
this is my first onigiri mold (onigiri are rice triangles with a little bit of something salty in the middle.). I don't mind making them by hand but it does take a while. And I got a pair of onigiri containers. 2 onigiri is not very much food for me but I can bring them on days when I only have one three hour class.
Daiso had excellent chopsticks. There were about 5 pairs I really wanted but since I rarely use chopsticks and I already have one pair I limited myself to these two. English is used decoratively on lots of the stuff you can buy in japantown, and a lot of times it's really interesting to try to follow the thought process. The bottom one is the wall street journal, and for some reason I am charmed that something so dry would seem beautiful or interesting.
These skewers are bamboo so I am going to try to rinse and reuse them. I think these fish are boring but they were 20 for $2 instead of 2 for $1.50 like the ones I preferred. They are sold empty and it was kind of fun figuring out how to fill them. Although, almost no soy sauce fits in one. I will probably have to bring 3 at a time.

Anyway, it was nice to go to Japantown and good to stock up on supplies.


1 comment:

Gwen said...

i LOVE Japantown and more importantly i LOVE Daiso.
i get so much stuff from there when I go.

I have a lot of shirts and japanese fans and Maneki Neko cats from there :D