Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Have I really not shared my best developed Conspiracy Theory?

It didn't come up on google when I looked it up.

Here is a chatting conversation that summarizes it.


9:38pmCaitlan
Got this from my Soc Prof:
Dear class,

I am very sorry to report that Prof. Nathaniel Deutsch has come down with laryngitis and may be unable to deliver his lecture tomorrow. I will send you an email by 9 am tomorrow to let you know what his status is, so please check your email. If he is still sick, I will cancel class.

I love my life!

9:38pmJoshua
lol

9:39pmCaitlan
dude, though!
my soc class is probably cancelled!
I just emailed her back "I once attended a lecture given by stephen hawking."
oooooooh nooooooooooooooo

9:41pmJoshua
uhh
why did you do that?
lol

9:42pmCaitlan
i was just going to type it because it came into my head
and then it sent itself
because, you know, if stephen hawking had laryngitis it would be the best day of his entire life.

9:42pmJoshua
xD

9:44pmCaitlan
oh god
that was in such bad taste
oh god.
i just insulted her guest lecturer, and i kind of made a joke about disabled people.
i bet she fails me for being ablist.
i am so embarrassed right now
my whole face and neck are doing that painful heat thing

9:46pmJoshua
ugh
well, umm, possibly you could apologize?

9:46pmCaitlan
no, maybe she won't get the email
she sometimes tells us she hasn't gotten them

9:47pmJoshua
lol

9:48pmCaitlan
oooooh
well, it's behind me now.
plus i really did see him one time
and it was awesome

9:49pmJoshua
wow, lucky

9:49pmCaitlan
he has lived ages longer than anyone else with his disease, and he doesn't move at all.
So, i immediately theorized that he is a wax model
with one eye that moves
and a voice box
and the best scientific minds of the world use him as a mouthpiece for their discoveries
so as to capitalize on the public appeal, the heroism, that he embodies.

9:51pmJoshua
lol
i think someone would notice he was not alive

9:54pmCaitlan
how?
he breathes, which could be simulated by inflating and deflating anything.
and he can move his cheek to control his voice box.

9:56pmJoshua
pulse?

9:56pmCaitlan
so, why couldn't his cheek move more or less randomly, or in response to what researcher/physicists typed for his voice simulator to say?
no one is taking his pulse at his appearances
i was a little surprised when i checked wiki just now that the conspiracy is not listed there.

9:58pmJoshua
xD

9:58pmCaitlan
see, here he is getting measured with calipers
http://portraitsculpture-online.com/Wax/Celebrities3.htm
10:00pmCaitlan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9684919@N08/1808651077/
10:06pmCaitlan
Most people with ALS die from respiratory failure, usually within 3 to 5 years from the onset of symptoms. However, about 10 percent of those individuals with ALS survive for 10 or more years. Hawking's illness is markedly different from typical ALS in the fact that his form of ALS would make for the most protracted case ever documented
He got it in around 1963, and that was 46 years ago.

10:08pmJoshua
yes, but that is quite an elaborate hoax you suggest

10:08pmCaitlan
yes.
omg
i am a bad person
My earlier shame has made no impression on me.
his wiki says his dad wanted him to go into medicine, but he wanted to study math, but oxford only had physics so that is what he took.
should have gone into medicine.

10:09pmJoshua
lol

10:09pmCaitlan
:(
you don't have to believe my conspiracy theory.
i have my certainty.
Besides, you haven't seen him, and I have.
no, hawking is ridiculously amazing though, whether he is a man or a secret conclave of physicists.


Yes, most of my chats involve me blathering on and on, to 2 or 3 character responses.
No, they really don't.
But a lot of them have stretches like that.

No comments: