Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I almost made a twitter!

My memory for names and details isn't as good as I'd like it to be, and while I love having the internet as my external memory, I am trying to store a bit more information in my meatself. So for a while I have been pasting things I find online into sticky notes on my desktop, so that I would look at them every day until I could remember them and then delete them. But it was getting cluttered, so I decided to export them to my external memory via twitter and then just look at them sometimes.

I went to twitter. I read some of the latest tweets that scroll by on the main page, and I read my sticky notes. And it was all inane. So I spread out all the notes I hadn't memorized, and took a screen capture and saved it. I made sticky notes for a couple of very overused (sometimes by me) quotes just so I could put a name to them, but when someone tweets quotes without explanation it seems like they are promoting them.


No comments: