Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I decided to become a morning person.

For the past 2 days I have been getting up at 6:45 to move my car, and I decided to take advantage of that by taking little walks instead of walking straight home. Well, today it was beautiful out and I went to the beach for a swim.

I want to do that! It doesn't seem too daunting now that I am a good swimmer. Once I am working and pay my parents back for my rent I will buy a board on craigslist, ask youtube for instructions, and hop in.
And I wasn't cold, either, even though everyone else was in a wetsuit. I think the air was cold enough that the water wasn't shocking to get in. I could only kind of feel my feet, and that seemed fine, but when I realized my stomach was numb I decided to get out.
I thought I would be really cold so I set myself the goal of actually swimming, even if it was for 2 yards, and then I could get out, but once I started I was having fun being carried around by the waves. I don't know why but swimming in opaque water makes me feel very vulnerable compared to both swimming in clear water and wading in opaque water. I guess I feel like if something wants to rip off my stomach it should have to swim up in front of me where I can see it.

No comments: