Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Peacock Painting

My friend is moving into his first apartment and for a housewarming present I offered to paint something. He wanted a peacock, which is something I'd never pick to paint, but I had fun working on it. It is not quite done because i need to cover the white spots with light blue but I like how the white looks. But when I break out the paint to do the eye I will try to bring myself to cover the white spots with light blue with indigo centers.


texture

texture


And here is the whole thing. I hope he likes it; it is rather bolder than I think his aesthetic is. I had planned gray or gold for the background but then I just did napthol red and permanent rose. It came together really really quickly, in about 2 1/2 hours, because I was working into the wet paint and had to keep going without planning.

No comments: