Friday, September 5, 2008

You ain't ever got ta go in your wallet, long as I got rubber band banks in my pocket

Go watch the music video or you won't know what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoVpmAdvT_Q

I feel bad for liking this song, because what about self sufficiency and cindarella complexes and feminism? A lot of rap songs imply that women are whores, but I dismiss it as the women in rappers' lives are more parasitic than not; it doesn't have anything to do with me or the women I know. However. This song makes being parasitic sound dreamy and lovely and enviable.

Because I get to take care of my own self, and it is quite stressful.

And when men ask me out (or, not even only men- I got flirted with by someone who when I laughed at him and asked his age he lied upwards and came up with 14. I almost went and got him a packet of crayons) when I am cashiering (they are generally stoned. Or hobos. Or stoned hobos.) they are never appealing famous men. In fact there is rather a shortage of those in santa cruz.

I am becoming more and more anti capitalist. I think the inheritedness of wealth is the main concern I have. I adore my immigrant coworkers, because look! They hiked across a desert (well, one of them has) in order to make minimum wage at a pretty boring job with not that much opportunity for advancement. They can profit from capitalism and I don't mind, but as for the spoiled students I am about to encounter again in september? But at the same time I know that it's evolution to try and make the world as smooth a place for your offspring as possible.