Saturday, September 13, 2008

Conspiracy Theory 3

I have a bunch of theories, that I would be shocked if they were true but are nonetheless compelling to me. I will only blog ones I have thought of myself, but of course a number of people may have thought of them independent of me.

There is a slogan, "religion is the opiate of the masses" meaning, of course, that people will permit their leaders and society to have less than ideal conditions because of 1) the ideal conditions available in the afterlife and 2) the moral value placed on submission and other tools of oppression.

But if you think about it, not that many people are religious. Everyone I know is "raised ___________ but really _agnostic/athiest/spiritual not religious_". So, I think drugs are the opiate of the masses, although that is not much of a revelation and is definitely not an appealing slogan.

When you think about it, who uses recreational drugs? Young people, counterculture people, creative people, as well as People With Issues. They all neatly self medicate. Thus, the situation is bearable and no social action needs to be taken.

Also, drugs are poison, that is the whole way they work. I don't care if you think taking your brain out of commission using chemicals is fine because you have chosen a natural source. Your lungs need fresh air, and that is all. One way you can check if something is good for you: if someone did it -to- you, would it be torture? (actually, after thinking about it for a second that is not a very good check.)

Everyone knows someone who accesses their creativity through recreational drugs, and people tell me of their really artistic friend who would just be nothing without mushrooms or whatever. Maybe, if you aren't creative in your natural state, you are just not a creative person. There are a lot of other important jobs, such as night manager of ihop, or policeman, that you might be quite suited for. And you don't have to poison yourself to do them!

I don't know- coping is important, but also important is keeping yourself in the best condition possible. What I'm trying to say, is I am going to apply for a job at a head shop. It's evangeltastic.

No comments: