Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Protein

For about a week I have been playing a game called Getting Enough Protein. I asked the USDA website and it wants me to get a bit more than 50 grams of protein every day. It is a challenge. If I don't meet my target during the day, I drink a protein shake after dinner. I tried to make a protein bomb by putting protein powder in soy milk but it was undrinkable so I just put it in water. Today I spent all morning eating and drinking protein, and I have had 33 grams. I tried to start my day with eggs (12g in two) but they were ghastly so I threw them away and had cottage cheese (14g) and black tea with soy milk (3.5g). Then for lunch I had salad with a tin of sardines on top (12g). And now I am having more black tea with soy milk. And I feel pretty good.

No comments: