Friday, April 30, 2010

Metal Sculpture First Proper project

I tried to bend my maquette from yesterday into something I could use for my final piece but I did it so good it wouldn't bend. So I was proud and took a picture. Those red plastic curtains protect our eyes from the arc of other people's welding.
I sketched around my model from yesterday to make a pattern for today.

I tested my object against my paper pattern, and it was practically spot on! I don't know how I did that.

Here it is in progress.
And here it is finished with welding and awaiting the fabric
That's a bit sad, isn't it? Me curled up on a dirty floor in a metal cage? How about if I told you I was all alone so I had to take the picture with my camera's self timer? Depressed yet?
Here is a metal snowflake I made by accident.


Well visually a metal snowflake is a good antidote to a metal cage, but experientially it was not. But luckily! My TA was having an art show called 1000 balloons and I went to swim in them!


No comments: