Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Swimming in the Rain


I decided to swim every day this week, but yesterday it was raining and the only bit of time I had free was before 9.

So, I got all bundled up in my rainboots to go swimming. I got really wet on the walk over.


and I was going to take a picture of the pool or whatever but when I have my glasses off the world and all my plans recede and I can only do what is immediate, which was swimming. And yesterday I swam 3/4 of a mile, all different strokes and slowly. I am going to build to a mile and then work to a mile of freestyle. And then after that I went to welding and used bolt cutters to cut infinity many pieces of thin steel rod and by the end of the day my arms hurt sooooo much and the muscles in my armpits and neck hurt also. I was worried I wouldn't be able to go swimming today but of course I was, I just did a little swim since I only had an hour including taking the bus. Tommorow, though, I have all morning and the metal shop is closed so I have nothing else physical to do so I am going to swim until I can't move and then ask someone to help me out of the pool. Or maybe swim until I can't move and then float until I have the strength to get out. Yeah. I am going to swim 1600m freestyle tomorrow because there's no reason not to. It's not like I'll drown, there are like 3 lifeguards.

No comments: