Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trailer Project Part 1

Well, the first thing I did when I moved into the trailer was swept out the dust and wiped everything down. Next I removed and set aside the table in the sleeping area (it converts from dining) and the extra cushions, and then I took out the old curtains. They were gathered and sackcloth textured and they made the space more cluttered than it has to be both by pushing into the space a few inches on each side. It looks loads better without them, but on the other hand now everyone- including the neighbors whose apartment building's second story cement corridor overlooks our driveway- can see into my trailer. So, I went to Home Depot and for $7.65 I got a roll of privacy screen contact paper that I think works very well.

That's kind of scary, actually.
But, it is just caused by my harmless lava lamp, which easily dominates this space during the evening
Here you can see how the "privacy screen" contact paper looks. It works pretty well to obscure everything. I had wanted just a plain frosted pattern, but HD had exactly one choice so that is what I bought. I don't think it looks too bad, although it does look like in bathrooms. Also, this is NOT how my trailer will look. This is an old duvet cover that I am using to contain the old smelling couch and protect it from getting little tears, which it will do if you sit on it. Aside from the lava lamp I want it white pink and gray in here. Orange is just too intense I think in a tiny space, although I do really like orange.

No comments: