Thursday, April 23, 2020

Keto Chocolate Cookies



I am magic! I made okay keto cookies with no recipe! I was more craving making cookies than cookies, and was prepared to end up with a gritty mess and having discovered something that doesn't make good cookies. These came out waaaaay better than they had any right to, tasting and feeling basically like brownies. I think this is due to the cocoa butter.

Here is the recipe:
When I say a scant quarter cup I mean I scooped some with a quarter cup measuring cup. So like, an unknown amount that is less than a quarter cup. I was skeptical of the erithritol for being way sweeter than sugar, the cocoa powder for being bitter, and the coconut flower for absorbing a million times its weight in liquid.

scant 1/4 cup coconut flour
scant 1/4 cup cocoa
almost no salt
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cocoa butter
scant 1/4 cup erithrytol sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Egg

Combine dry ingredients by themselves and wet ingredients by themselves, starting with the fats, and then add the dry to the wet, stir, scoop onto a lined tray and bake at 350.

No comments: