Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meditative Rose Painting

I learned a lot about my favorite Dali painting sitting staring at it intently with 4 paintbrushes (yellow, red, dark red, blue/purple) clutched in my left hand so I'd have them at the ready when I noticed a shadowy patch, or a patch that should be red orange.



(Click for a proper view) I did this in 2 sessions and it was really enjoyable. All in all took about 5 hours and it's 12x17 or something. The assignment was to grid a favorite painting, transcribe it to a canvas, and copy it. Now I want to copy it again but bigger, maybe in black and white?

Oh my gosh. I just realized I left off the dew drop. I was saving it till last and then apparently I forgot. Alright, this isn't quite done.


Here is the original for comparison.

No comments: