Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Nooo my items

 

By coincidence a number of packages came available on the same day. I think the carrier got cold (it is cold) and ran out of time to do them and marked them all "no access to delivery location." 

I have recently decided that buying used clothing from all over the US is a little dangerous so I open them directly into the washing machine. Because if I got bedbugs in the house it would be a whole mess. Before I thought of this, I would open the package and put the garment in my dirty laundry, which is in my closet. The packages listed above are coming from Utah, Florida, New York, and Missouri. But, I still value getting to choose between the last fifty years of textiles instead of what is available this season. 

In summer I can use the car as a clearinghouse for new used things since it heats up in the sun. But in winter it doesn't get hot enough. So, I planned my laundry this week around these packages arriving yesterday. I was going to do everything silk- my pillowcases and a few other things- together, and then everything cotton and synthetic together. Instead I washed my cotton textiles without the new pants and new flannel, and my silk stuff is still waiting. 

No comments: